Trustworthy and Honest Wedding Planning Advice

Recently Engaged or Counting down the days to your special day this Summer?

Planning a wedding can be very stressful and time consuming, not to mention costly. Here at Isabella Weddings we are here to help.

Established in 2003, I trained as a wedding planner and have worked with over 300 couples ever since, the services we offer are bespoke and most importantly budget friendly.

Come and meet us for a Free Consultation soon and chat about your day. Or visit www.isabellaweddings.co.uk for more about us.

Saturday 25 June 2011

Love me love my ...

So apart from your hubby to be what or who is the most important thing in your life and how do you begin to think about sharing it?

For some it could be a material item, a coveted new gadget or shiny new car or could it be a relative, child or a best buddy? Maybe it is your sense of 'one-ness' that you worry about sharing or indeed losing?

As I grow older (ok ok not that old!) I begin to see what is really important to me and I feel that had I decided to hold a wedding for each decade of my youth the events would vary wildly.

In my twenties I would have wanted to prove how I could throw the biggest and the best party, maybe something different or quirky, a cool live band, a free bar and of course made sure that everyone had a heavy hangover the next day. In my thirties (which is when I actually got married) I wanted to have simple things, a good honeymoon, nice food and nice surroundings. Maybe the showy part of me had lessened so that could finally see what was important to me - to enjoy the day for me.

Now I approach my 40's (OMG) and I feel different still, I value my friendships more (now I have less of them!) and I see money as a part of life, as long as we have enough to enjoy our lives then we don't need more. I would rather have 24 hours with those true, dear loved ones than a whole months wages. Honest. So how would I have my wedding in my 40's? Simple, elegant, but fun. I would pack a bag, grab 5-6 close friends and our mums and head off to a country cottage for the weekend, I wouldn't overspend but I would worry about detail, I would worry that my loved ones felt loved and respected.

I wonder if we will renew our vows in our 50's!!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPa

No comments:

Post a Comment