Trustworthy and Honest Wedding Planning Advice

Recently Engaged or Counting down the days to your special day this Summer?

Planning a wedding can be very stressful and time consuming, not to mention costly. Here at Isabella Weddings we are here to help.

Established in 2003, I trained as a wedding planner and have worked with over 300 couples ever since, the services we offer are bespoke and most importantly budget friendly.

Come and meet us for a Free Consultation soon and chat about your day. Or visit www.isabellaweddings.co.uk for more about us.

Friday 15 July 2011

Vintage Girl

Ok so it's official, I am a big vintage fan ...



(image from Manolobrides.com)

Since becoming a wedding planner over 8 years ago I have followed many creative paths, not least during the times of being pregnant and being a new mum when my love of being different wavered somewhat.

I like to stand out and be creative, of course I do, I'm a wedding planner. The one thing I have found tricky though is to identify with a 'theme' as such that I adore. I love a country garden, traditional English garden party, natural and rustic, but then I also love the sharp bright colours of a modern wedding. So do I need a style or a preference?


(image from Not on the High Street)

I love using natural materials to create a theme that is rural and country gentleman, lately however I have noticed the rustic feel has become more lace and pearl. I have begun to wear my hair differently and have craved the essence of a tea party. I've even started to buy mismatched china to feed my desperation to hold a Mad Hatters tea party!


(image from Passion for Flowers, Solihull)

I find myself adoring the pastels, the candy stripes and the relaxed summer feel that vintage tea party brings. So is it here to stay? Some people have been known to comment that Vintage is 'so 2010' but I think it is evolving, you can now buy dresses which range from genuine vintage dresses that have been adapted to fit the modern woman or you can go for a cheaper option which uses the style of vintage but with modern, forgiving material.



(image from Not on the High Street)

You can add colours to vintage, you can cover a range of eras and make it as vibrant as you wish. With so many suppliers and collections out there I truly believe there is so much more choice now.

This week I am going to a Fashion Show dedicated to just Vintage, this is for Frances Farmer and it should prove to be an indulgent time to enjoy all that the era offers, I might even have my hair done to celebrate!


So I am well and truly staying on this train, it's moving fast still and there is so much more to explore. Who's with me??


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment