Trustworthy and Honest Wedding Planning Advice

Recently Engaged or Counting down the days to your special day this Summer?

Planning a wedding can be very stressful and time consuming, not to mention costly. Here at Isabella Weddings we are here to help.

Established in 2003, I trained as a wedding planner and have worked with over 300 couples ever since, the services we offer are bespoke and most importantly budget friendly.

Come and meet us for a Free Consultation soon and chat about your day. Or visit www.isabellaweddings.co.uk for more about us.

Thursday 19 May 2011

Retro v Vintage

I love retro, I blame my husband of course. I see myself in a camper van, wearing polka dots and a satchel, listening to Dean Martin and enjoying lots of colourific treats. For this blog I wanted to look at weddings with both themes ...

Take a look here for some fab Retro wedding ideas ...

http://www.mrs2be.com/retro-wedding-theme.php

But then there's vintage, I have to confess I'm not sure I ever knew the big differences... Vintage is more twee, more Cath Kidston than the recent Retro glamour of Drew Barrymore ( or dare I say it Austin Powers!) you can have vintage lace on your dress and table cloths and not feel you've overdone it. Afternoon tea and scones will secure your Ode to Vintage where as you are looking more at a candy bar come jelly bean jar to pull off true Retro.

What about the cars? Surely an ice cream van tops a classic 1926 Bentley? Or does it.

Officially I'm told that the 'vintage era' was from 1919-1930 whereas Retro brings about images of the swinging 60's doesn't it? So why do we get the two mixed up? Maybe it's our love of the past, when we lived without convenience and with good, homemade clothes and jams. Where neighbours spoke and hard living meant something very different.

Here is a lovely vintage wedding site I found : http://www.vintagewedding.com/

I find it amusing that we all love our mod cons but we do yearn for those bygone years of our grandparents.

So which do you love more? Can you choose? I am a vintage girl but can see my husbands influence creeping into my wardrobe too. Let's just embrace our love of all things that are not the here and now? Maybe.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment